Construction Consulting Services
For Commercial Jobs, Real Estate, and Government Construction
in the Winston Salem, North Carolina Area
Construction Management Consulting Services For Winston Salem & Nearby Areas
- Contract review & negotiating
- Estimation of costs, permits, etc.
- Staff augmentation and management
- Inspection and quality review
- Analysis of productivity
- Change order analysis
Experience you can trust. Results that forge lasting relationships.
A Complete Construction Planning & Management Solution
Construction management and large scale commercial renovation projects that will have a lot of moving parts are difficult to plan out.
We can assess the property your construction project involves for potential challenges that may arise so you can take precautions. Making a few extra steps in the beginning can prevent a lot of frustration later.
Here are a few examples of construction consulting from Winston Salem:
Construction consulting can also help you with:
- Master planning – Developing a comprehensive plans that takes all aspects of the crews and materials needed, including permits to properly coordinate everything without holdups.
- Construction scheduling – Managing subcontractors, procuring equipment, and determining when each team does their part prevents snags and makes it clear to you what each phase is and when everyone can expect completion.
- Facilities evaluation – Can a given space be renovated or adapted? Can a retail space be upfitted, and what would be involved? What is the best course of action given the goals, and what are potential pitfalls or shortcomings of each option?
- Close out documentation – In the final phases of the contruction project, ensure needed inspections by city officials are complete and proper sign-off is collected.
We’ve acted as watchdogs in the industry.
When organizations cut corners or entertain construction bids that are unrealistically “affordable” it quite often leads to some type of challenges later.
Sometimes those challenges are fines, being temporarily closed down, or costly repairs having to redo work that’s already been done.
Our construction management is meant to cover both ends of these types of projects:
- Manage the construction projects to prevent snags, hold ups, or costly setbacks
- Review work that has been done to assess potential red flags and liability
There’s been a lot of construction in Winston Salem in recent years. It doesn’t have to be a source of stress.
Real World Examples of Construction Blunders in Winston Salem That We’ve Helped Correct
Ok, we’ve made our point about the advantages of consulting for these types of jobs. To best illustrate that in a real world way, here are a few examples from North Carolina jobs we’ve worked via construction consulting.
Erroneous drainage systems. In one commercial building we addressed, a water drainage pipe was set up for one long, dramatic vertical drop that dumped directly onto concrete as it exited the building. Trouble was, the vertical drop caused the water to exit the pipe at high speed, hitting that concrete beneath extremely hard.
It’d caused major cracks and erosion, both of which caused leaks and water build up. After repairing the damaged concrete, we rigged a curved slope into the drainage pipe to taper off the water speed upon its exit, creating a far gentler drain that would not cause future issues for the concrete.
Cheap exterior materials and paint. This one notably came into play in a luxury apartment complex. The original construction contractors clearly were going for choices that made the building look high end on a budget, and whether it’d last was unimportant.
Not 2 years later did the sides of the units visible from the streets begin to show major wear. The property management company probably felt it hadn’t yet recouped its original investment yet from tenants, yet the exteriors already needed to be addressed.
Or, as an alternative, leave it be and allow an increasingly run-down appearance work directly against the appeal of what are supposed to be high end luxury apartments.
We Provide Construction Consulting Services For:
Winston Salem | Greensboro
& Surrounding Areas